Chana dal ground with onions, green chillies, curry leaves, mixed with red chilli powder, hing and coconut, shaped into wadas and deep fried.
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
• Split Bengal gram (chana dal),Soaked in water for 3-4 hours 1 cup
• Onion ,roughly chopped 1 medium
• Green chillies,roughly chopped 2
• Curry leaves,finely chopped 7-8
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
• Asafoetida a pinch
• Scraped coconut 1 tablespoon
• Rice flour 1 tablespoon
• Oil to deep fry
Put onion, green chillies and curry leaves in a mixer jar and grind for 1 minute. Drain and add chana dal and grind coarsely without adding any water.
Transfer into a bowl, add salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida, coconut, rice powder and mix well. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
Divide mixture into small equal portions, shape them into balls, flatten them slightly and slide into hot oil. Deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.